Hmmmm should i??

ChefZilla

Thinking I might want to get a Angel for my tank. Would love a flame Angel but ime they picked on my sps. Any suggestions that arnt going to kill the bank account?

I have an japanese swallowtail
and an African flame back. Both are great angels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just sell off some pastrami & corned beef and get a bandit!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great idea.

Thinking I might want to get a Angel for my tank. Would love a flame Angel but ime they picked on my sps. Any suggestions that arnt going to kill the bank account?

Chef,
When the Flames picked at your SPS, did they do damage or just pick at them. My old pair ate a few SPS but my new pair will pick at them but do no damage.

I have a Flameback. Doesn't eat Corals but I do think it picks at slime but doesn't damage. They're punks though. You can go for a genicanthus species like Watanabei or bellus

Brent, I have a Flame Angel that seems to take a nip every once in a while, but doesn't seem to do any real harm. After quarantine I put several frags of different corals in the quarantine tank with him and he seemed to leave everything alone. I can't tell if it is nipping at the corals or pods, but at one year in if he is doing any harm it isn't noticeable. There will always be a chance it will go rouge, but they are such beautiful fish I took the chance.

Back