hole drilling

saltman82

what is the proper drill bit used when drilling holes into a tank.

also how should you judge the size of the bulkheads you want depending on the size of the tank?

If you go to Glass-holes.com they have "Diamond Coated Hole Saws" which you can buy, and they will tell you which size they are for. Also they sell the correct sizes per their hole saws for the bulk heads. Hope this helps!

There's also instructions on good use of hole saws on their site.

Go bigger then whatever you think you want.

I mean it really depends on your build, whats your filtration? Sump or Refug? How many power heads do you have?

well as of right now i dont have anything to do with this tank. i have an 80gal already set up but i wanted to fool around with something a bit smaller to just screw with to see if i can get it right before moving on to something huge but i want it to be a good sized working tank.

im thinking i would wana do a sump with this one but im game for anything

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1422033

Check my build, it's pretty current and I pretty much did the same thing, I wanted to work on a Nano. I have a 110 gallon sitting in my living room floor that i'll do this too next but I move in a few weeks and did not want to do this to a 5ft tank.

It may help you quite a bit. I'm doing a 10 gal refug. I'm also doing a closed loop on it which is what I like the most. Should be good on energy as well.

Just PM me some questions or post in the thread I gave you, I have it so I get emailed when someone responds and if I'm near a PC I will pop in and voice my opinion.

thanks bud and gl with whatever you choose.

Back