Holiday woahs!?!?!?!?!?!

DoubleM 10

Hello all,

Just wanted to know if anyone else is having the holiday woes. Yesterday im playing xbox and i here an abnormal noise coming from the tank. i wander over after getting to breaking point in the game. turns out that the skimmer pump went out on me. I needed to drop some money for a new one. i ordered it and hopefully will be here later this week. of course all this happens around the holidays when everyone is spending money on everyone else. lol

anyone else having this type of luck?

Matt

Last edited:
Sorry your skimmer pump went out. It is very annoying when equipment that you spent a good bit of money on fails, especially when it can cause your livestock to suffer or die.

I had a glass heater just separate one day, and nuked all the inverts in my tank. Lucky it was a small tank and i didn't have much in it, and also the 2 clownfish survived.

Well, my sympathies for sure. a foot and a half wide carpet anemone decided, one Christmas morning, to go walkabout in a 100 gallon tank, with two agitated large Clarkii clownfish highly upset. I was due at a holiday family dinner, and kept wondering all the while what that massive nem was exuding of anger-chemicals, parked in my sump. And the LFS closed until a couple of days on. ;) I did get the tank through it---but do get extra salt for the holidays and 5 gal buckets and a bottle of Prime or Amquel, so if everything goes bananas you can at least make salt water real fast! If you're really prepared these things don't tend to happen!

Well, my sympathies for sure. a foot and a half wide carpet anemone decided, one Christmas morning, to go walkabout in a 100 gallon tank, with two agitated large Clarkii clownfish highly upset. I was due at a holiday family dinner, and kept wondering all the while what that massive nem was exuding of anger-chemicals, parked in my sump. And the LFS closed until a couple of days on. ;) I did get the tank through it---but do get extra salt for the holidays and 5 gal buckets and a bottle of Prime or Amquel, so if everything goes bananas you can at least make salt water real fast! If you're really prepared these things don't tend to happen!

Wow that's nuts. At least I'm not the only one

In the past week i had a doser clog resulting in an alk drop, then my ATO pump quit. Then my GFO reactor pump quit. Hoping that's it for the holidays

My jebao WP-40's both died the other week 3 days apart. So now im waiting for christmas morning for my MP-10's. Wife wont let me open them early. So hopefully my Corals are ok with my 2 Koralias. They are showing signs of discomfort. Half my Duncan is closed and my hammer is super unhappy. I just cant get the flow right with these two. And now im hearing a strange noise coming from my return pump and/or Skimmer. Going to shut it down and give those two a cleaning tonight after work. If one or both of those quit on me im going to have to so something special for the wife.

On the plus side i have two new really nice PH's and if my return takes a crap i can redo my plumbing the way i want over christmas vacation or buy a new skimmer. Oh, and my T5's are coming on slower and slower im noticing. So if that ballast is going out, on top of everything else me and the tank might get booted to the curb. All this equipment is just over a year old.

Back