Home Depot Superglue Gel?

canar

Addicted to bright lights
Anybody used this yet? I just bought a pack from there yesterday. I am going to try it tonight. It is the small bottles like the Ace glue but it comes in a 12 pack. It was only $5.88 for the 12 pack!

Ted

I'd bet that it's pretty much the same stuff. Good score though, I'll have to head out and grab some. I think I payed $2 for one tube yesterday :(

if its the gel then its what you need. i bought once the none gel by mistake and its was like water and i couldn't do anything with it.

i just called Loctite (Henkel corporation) and they told me none of their adhesives are "fish safe". so i dont know about this stuff.

what do you think of the IC Gel that Reef Depot shows on their web site? i was thinking of calling him to go in there and get the IC Gel and some live rock, since he has it for $3.95 per pound.

If the loctite stuff isn't "fish safe" all of my fish should be dead by now. I use the stuff all the time with no ill effects. Just my experience.

Reef depot sells the gel for $5 a tube. You may want to stop by and take a look at the selection while there too.

Any pure cyanoacrylate glue will work. The best place to shop for glue is at a hobby shop. They sell it in thin, medium, thick formulas and it is normally cheaper than purchasing it anywhere else.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11686448#post11686448 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by AquaGrizzly
If the loctite stuff isn't "fish safe" all of my fish should be dead by now. I use the stuff all the time with no ill effects. Just my experience.

Same here. I probably have 20 bottles worth of Loctite in my aqaurium right now.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11686488#post11686488 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Trotter
Loctite probably doesnt want the responsibility thats why they dont endorse it for aquariums.

the new large tubes of Loctite Superglue GEL lists "for aquarium use" on the packaging. Loctite superglue GEL shouldn't be used on fish, though :p

I don't like the bottles. Leave too much behind at the end. I like getting every drop out of the tubes. I usually get the IC gell from the hobby store (one right next door to my LFS) or in a pinch, get the little tubes--3/$1 on a card from the $ store.

Back