Homedepot Sand?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9247608#post9247608 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by neo1013
I used a white playsand from HD. It was kept outside with the regular playsand.

I did see those also, i assumed it was silica so i went with the quikrete because it was more white. The other play sand was a more greyish.....

Wish i would have known it wasn't silica based

14767612_hours_after_sand.jpg

12 Hours after sand ...thanks for very ones help!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9249781#post9249781 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by clevername2000
14767612_hours_after_sand.jpg

12 Hours after sand ...thanks for very ones help!

Did you go with two types of sand in your tank? that's what it looks like to me. I've got some of the "play sand sitting there awaiting the other tank.

I need to see about the "pool sand" I've not seen any at Lowes where I live (that's the only store here)

Actually i bought 150LB of that quikrete. The layering effect is only the light. Looking at the tank in person looks better; the camera really exaggerated it.

So far its looking great! I went to Lowes but could not find any white sand at all. The guy even called his dealers..ect (best customer service ever experienced!)

I was reading the post from advancedaquartist about the silica vs. Well come to think about it my tank has the same issue after scraping (cleaning) the glass. It has that green funk tint/ haze to it. But I did not use silica sand as a matter of fact I spent 284.00 dollars on Agronite sand 50% live and 50% dry. I wonder why I am having that too?

How did you get it to settle so quick. I used that same sand in my tank and it is a cloudy mess after 2 days

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9244770#post9244770 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by clevername2000
Its amazing how much people will spend on equipment when you can get the exact result for a fraction of the cost
lol not exactly but for the $$ u save it may be worth it to some

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9253283#post9253283 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by The Chefin' Man
I wonder why I am having that too?

im willing to bet its your phos ... most people test everything but phos

Back