how big is your clown trigger!?

jayb12

everyone knows these guys get pretty big (the aquarium i worked at had one that was over 20")

but from what im reading it seems they are not fast growers!

so how big is your trigger and how long have you had him?

i got mine at 4" about 6 months ago and hes only grown and inch

my grouper i got at 3" and hes 7.5" now in 6 months

about 7" and bought at about 6" in feb of this year

disclaimer this is with the eyball guestimation tapemeasure not a store bought tapemeasure

Mine is about 4" and I just got him about a month ago. He came in skinny but has fattened up nicely. Already eats from my hand and has great personality.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15416775#post15416775 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by DamnPepShrimp
Mine is about 4" and I just got him about a month ago. He came in skinny but has fattened up nicely. Already eats from my hand and has great personality.
ya i got mine also very skinny about 3 weeks ago @ 8" plus now feeding well hope he will do well. so far he behave well didnt touch any damsels hope he stays that way. cheers.:p

Hey i have a question. I was at my LFS and saw a 3-3.5" CT but he was very pale. Is there such thing as an albino clown trigger. His spots were white but whats suppose to be black was a like tan or beige.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15416837#post15416837 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Cracken
Hey i have a question. I was at my LFS and saw a 3-3.5" CT but he was very pale. Is there such thing as an albino clown trigger. His spots were white but whats suppose to be black was a like tan or beige.

my clown changes colour all the time, if hes resting on his rock he likes to chill on hes a greyish. soon as he starts swimming he blackens right up.

I wouldn't say they are slow growers. I had one go from 2 inches to 5.5 in 6 months. It seems once they reach about 6 inches their growth levels out though to about a half an inch to an inch a year. An example of a slow growing trigger would be the picasso.

I bought my little picasso a few months ago and have been power feeding him. He has doubled in size in the past 3 months. he is now about 2 inches. I feed 4 times a day.

Funny how I bought my picasso. I was in Cincinnatti and stopped at one of my favorite fish stores and bought a couple of triggers. My daughter kept wanting the little picasso but I told her no because it was way too small and would get eaten in my tank. She started crying and on the way out the door I told the owner I'd give him $15 bucks for it and he said okay, so he bagged it and I took it home not thinking it would make it very long. It was tossed around by the bigger fish at feeding time. I'd throw in a sheet of nori and the little picasso would grab ahold of it and the bigger fish would literally sling him around like he was riding a bull.

Sorry to sway from clown trigger to picasso, lol

Back