How big would a tank have to be to house these fish ?

FinnCole

A porcupine puffer
dogface puffer
star and stripes puffer
Picasso trigger
emperor angel
flame angel
one spot foxface
Toby puffer
Zebra eel
Snowflake eel
Volitan lionfish
Fuzzy dwarf lionfish
Maroon clownfish
Kole tang
Green spotted puffer

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

That's a lot of puffers. If you only had one puffer I would say 8' 240 gallon minimum. For all three puffers at least 500 gallons

That's a lot of puffers. If you only had one puffer I would say 8' 240 gallon minimum. For all three puffers at least 500 gallons
How much would it be without the toby puffer the maroon clown and the kole tang

I don't have to get the kole tang since it is in my grandparents 30 gallon and has been in there for years. But I thought that it might be happier in my tank which I am not sure on size on yet

I think at a minimum 500g, maybe even more. That's an incredibly aggressive tank, and unless you had a massive aquarium, with the funds to keep it fed and filtered...

I'd say 10x3 base if you don't want to likely have problems. As others have said, if you drop the stars and stripes and porcupine puffer a 240 would probably be sufficient, although you may end up with aggression issues from the imperator at some point.

I think at a minimum 500g, maybe even more. That's an incredibly aggressive tank, and unless you had a massive aquarium, with the funds to keep it fed and filtered...

You could say..."unless you had a massive aquarium,with massive funds to buy food and filtration ..." That is a lot of fish. btw,I would scratch maroon clown off the list.Most seem to be trouble makers(why ask for trouble?)

500 gallons seems reasonable for so many large fish. If it were me I would cut down to one puffer and lose the clown trigger and Emperor from potential aggression.

That's a good point many made about the cost of food. Many of those fish will require regularly trips to the seafood store. On top of that Puffers are notoriously messy eaters so nutrient export will have to be heavy.

500 gallons seems reasonable for so many large fish. If it were me I would cut down to one puffer and lose the clown trigger and Emperor from potential aggression.

That's a good point many made about the cost of food. Many of those fish will require regularly trips to the seafood store. On top of that Puffers are notoriously messy eaters so nutrient export will have to be heavy.
I said Picasso trigger not a clown. I know how big clowns get

You could say..."unless you had a massive aquarium,with massive funds to buy food and filtration ..." That is a lot of fish. btw,I would scratch maroon clown off the list.Most seem to be trouble makers(why ask for trouble?)
I only wanted a maroon clown cause my Mam wanted a clownfish.

The issue is the three big puffers. The puffer and clown don't make an impact on the size needed
I really love porcupines I will cut out ever the dogface or the star and stripes puffer. Which one would makes a better fish

Ok I talked to my Mam we decided to go with a tank for only big puffers so all the puffers I mentioned on that list (we might switch ever the star and stripes or dogface for a golden puffer)

Back