how can i stop the cyano right now-before it spreads

lmh11706

my 75g reef is up and running for 2 months now without any issues-making regular water changes of 20% every 10 days-everything and one is doing nicely-in fact i just added part 2 of the package from tampa bay saltwater 5 days ago

just today-about 15min ago i noticed 2 small patches-i mean half dollar size- of the red stuff-thats it-one on the sandbed which i removed with my finger and another on a rock with yellow polyps-also removed

i fear more is coming-is there anyway to nip it right here right now-naturally-without added anything to the tank?

make sure you have good water movement. I seem to get it right in the two corners where theres not much movement. I've been thinking of adding a koraila 1 just to keep water moving across the sandbed

Flow seems to take care if it 99% of the time. It can also just be a phase of the tank's long term cycle. Either way, adequate flow will usually take care of it.

make sure also that you arnt adding aditional nitrates and phosphates from feeding too much or even your water supply, i had a problem with cyano that i cured by feeding less untill my denitrifying bacteria built up to my bio load, and by getting an RODI unit, i still have some in the sump but its competing with my cheato now, water changes also help remove alot of that, but it looks like your ontop of that,

but eliminating the problem only takes time and patience,
i wish it were so, but nothing good happens quickly

Back