How do I ... Breakout box question

hvacman250

I want to put a float switch in my skimmer cup and have it turn the skimmer off if the cup overflows. How do I wore the 2 wire float switch and how do I program it? I bought the BOB 2 years ago and haven't used it yet.

One wire to the ground terminal, one wire to one of the number terminals of the break out box.

Add a line something like this to your skimmer outlet.

If switch? closed Then OFF

The ? is what terminal you used, and the closed is dependent on how you have your switch setup.

I don't have a plan for you, however I have a question, won't cleaning a float switch be a pain?

The skimmer is hooked to a constant drain, so the float switch should only trip in a freak incident. As of now, if the skimmer freaks out, it overflows, which triggers the ATO to dump up to 20 gallons of fresh water to the system. I want to eliminate that. Should the skimmer freak out, I want to shut the skimmer down for 1 hour minimum and get an email. Am i making sense?

One wire to the ground terminal, one wire to one of the number terminals of the break out box.

Add a line something like this to your skimmer outlet.

If switch? closed Then OFF

The ? is what terminal you used, and the closed is dependent on how you have your switch setup.

So the Common/ground (cant remember the numbers) are for ALL of the 6 terminals (I think 11-16 is how mine is labeled??) ??

There is also an RSV terminal, or something like that. What is it for??

So assuming I have a NC float switch, I just hook a wire to common and a wire to 11.
Write my skimmer code to say if 11 is closed, then email and turn skimmer off??

Thanks for any help!

from what I remember RSV is for "reserved". It simply means it doesn't do anything, they've left it there for (potential) future use.

Back