How do I get my Todd's Torch to color up??

cully's pic shows real good how the tentacle ends glow

042.jpg

I have mine under 175 20k hamilton SE halide lighing , about 3 inches from the surface. It has very nice green color but the tentacles do not extend as far as some do.

Despite having Tunz- of flow :))) mine is tucked into a corner in front of one of my corner overflows. It's about 2/3 of the way up in an area with moderate to low flow. The action of the tentacles is like watching a campfire dance, mezmerizing.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14756615#post14756615 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Gary Majchrzak
you'd drive from Elmira to 'cuse or Rochester for a frag? :lol:

Heck, Gary! I'd walk from Elmira to Rochester for a frag of the holy torch!!! :)

>"The action of the tentacles is like watching a campfire dance, mezmerizing."

hence the name "torch" coral :)

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14766263#post14766263 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by dan10342

Thanks guy:rolleye1:

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14766263#post14766263 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by dan10342

Get out the weenies...

nice video cully!

looks like. . . there is no words to describe the motion of a torch coral. they are the king of the euphyllia

Nice video Cully. FWIW, color in this coral is really light-determined, but tentacle length/width is much more flow-related. Higher and more random flow will yield thin whispy tentacles like Cully's or SteveH's (at least last I saw it). My own frag from Steve a while ago has thickened up its tentacles in a more low-flow location

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14768486#post14768486 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by dan10342
>"Get out the weenies..."

????? care to explain THIS?

Didn't think I'd have to clarify, but I spose that statement has a whole different meaning to you JACKA$$/NitroCircus watching college dudes.

WE'RE ALL GOING STREAKING!!!!!

frankthetank.jpg

Keep an ear out for a local shop opening it's doors soon. There will probably be a couple frags of Todds Torch in the tanks that day. Just a heads up as they are going to go fast.

Back