How do I get my Todd's Torch to color up??

talon4x4

I picked up a frag at the ARC Swap and it just doesn't seem to be getting that bright florescent green. I thought at first it was stress, but its been long enough that that shouldn't be the case.

Here is a pic I snapped today.

IMG_1884Medium.jpg

Your todd's is fine. It's all about the lighting...

When I ran 400w halides mine was light green/cream colored. Now with all actinic T5's I have a more neon green. With the 420nm LED's the colors really jump at you, but you have to be careful not to burn the torch...

Steve

Ahhh....thanks!! Maybe I will just try moving it down in the tank a bit and see what the color does. Right now I have it under 250W halides.

Re: How do I get my Todd's Torch to color up??

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14754094#post14754094 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by talon4x4
I picked up a frag at the ARC Swap and it just doesn't seem to be getting that bright florescent green. I thought at first it was stress, but its been long enough that that shouldn't be the case.

You could give it to me to try! :D :D :D

Re: How do I get my Todd's Torch to color up??

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14754094#post14754094 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by talon4x4
the swap was only 6 days ago :p

Re: Re: How do I get my Todd's Torch to color up??

Re: Re: How do I get my Todd's Torch to color up??

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14755276#post14755276 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Gary Majchrzak
the swap was only 6 days ago :p

True, but I've never had a coral looked stressed for more than a day or two, maybe this one is different and just needs more time.

As for lighting, I have 2x250W Hamilton 14k halides and 2x96W dual-actinics.

Eh, give it time. Took my Todds a week or two to settle in. Also, you've got a very small head there which will make the process slower

"coloring up" usually takes a coral more time than recovering from a fragging and acclimation. You have the right lighting to make this coral glow but give it some time to shine ;)

some perspective here, I got a single head at Mark Klier's swap almost exactly a year ago. Today it is electric green and at least 6 heads. I'm sure yours will be fine. Well worth the wait!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14756570#post14756570 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by pimpinitup6969
so everyone is making me jealous here! anyone wanna frag theirs?
you'd drive from Elmira to 'cuse or Rochester for a frag? :lol:

this is a bit off topic, but WHAT exactly is it that makes this torch so... WANTED?

did it commit some terrible crime in URS?

Outstanding!!! Thanks for all the input. I'll just wait I know it will be worth it. Took so long to find another frag after passing up the one at Caribbean Forrest. If I only knew back then how difficult it would be to find another.

the only crime I know of is that T's torch is offensively fluorescent green... sorta like GSP green- obscene bright green. Unlike any other torch morph I've ever seen.

i plan on making a trip to syracuse to meet up with mark alot more often!! tim and dave abc will def be seeing more of me as well! and me my step dad and another friend are wanting to make it to rochester in the next couple weeks as well!! so if we could see your tank that would be AMAZING Gary

well to answer the original question:

lighting i think plays 75% of the role, in how this coral displays in a tank.

here is todds torch under a daylight t5 only
100_3080.jpg

same torch... same time of day, same day, same camera
under daylight, actinic, and 2 powerbrite LED strips
100_3079.jpg

-dan

"the only crime I know of is that T's torch is offensively fluorescent green... "

even you used the word OFFENSIVE! hense it being a crime!

Back