How do I get rid of these mushrooms?

mcoomer

Rat Bastard!
My tank is predominantly SPS now and I've got mushrooms that are beginning to come in contact with these corals. The mushrooms hitchhiked in on some live rock many years ago but are out of place now. I don't want to but I need to get rid of them and I'm wondering what would be the best way to do it. I've tried covering patches with kalk paste and that seems to work but I've also seen mushrooms survive this and multiply. I'm guessing that the next evolution of this tactic will be to cut the mushrooms as close to the rock as possible then cover the remnants with paste.

Will this work? Is there an easier way to get rid of these things. I hate to kill anything in the tank but I haven't been able to control them to keep them away from my corals. These things seem to attack everything they touch and I can't have them irritating or killing the corals I've bought.

Thanks,
Mike

Some species of mushroom will survive even with a small fragment. If you can remove the rock and scrape the shroom off that should work. Good luck.

Back