How do I kill zoas safely?

ReefPharmer

My zoa rock isn't growing in like I want. How can I safely "remove " or kill some of the heavy growers ?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 0
Frag them out. Pull the rock out of the tank so they will shrink up and cut and scrap the ones you don't want off the rock. Then rinse it off and put it back. Make sure you are wearing gloves and eye protection.

Just break off the zoas you want and place them in a new rock. Sell/trade the stuff you don't want and fill that tank up!

I use bone cutters to break up the surface of the rock below the zoa then glue them to frag plugs or plates. Then take them in for store credit or trade. My bone cutters are well worn at the tip but I have more than enough store credit to buy a new one and a few buckets of salt.

Just give me that rock. I'll frag you off some of what you want.. I'll give em to you really cheap too

Hey I have such considerate reefing buds. Several offered to take the rock and frag me a polyp or two back as appreciation

Hey I have such considerate reefing buds. Several offered to take the rock and frag me a polyp or two back as appreciation
The only way to learn is to do it yourself. And the worst you can do is kill some polyps you cut off but sounds like that's not a big loss to you.

Back