How do u compare LEDs to mh?

It depends. You can really dial in LED'S to the color you want with either dim-able drivers or by the ratio of blue to white LED'S. You can really have any color you want

10k for growth but i would do what makes you happy. corals will grow in 6.5k-20k (if im not wrong) but your enjoyment of the color is worth more than growth, more blue makes better color. i think 15k is a good compromise. but that's with mh. it may be different with leds.

Well yes. The lower end like 10k will give you better growth usually. 20k will give u better color. This is a very vague statement though. There are numerous factors when it comes to growth and color.

It's all about what you prefer. From what I've read coral growth is best around 65k but colors brown out. 20k will make colors pop, but growth is very slow. You need to find a color that you like that still gets you a growth rate that's acceptable for you.

It's all about what you prefer. From what I've read coral growth is best around 65k but colors brown out. 20k will make colors pop, but growth is very slow. You need to find a color that you like that still gets you a growth rate that's acceptable for you.

You mean 6.5K not 65K right?

Ok got It right I would like to get sum par readings to check my LEDs. Does anyone have one i can use for 5 min?

Back