How do you attach a sea whip?

trondsbr

I attached mine on the rock near the substrate because it is 16" tall. I think attaching to the rock is best.

sasscuba

Well I just took a piece of live rock and drilled a hole in it and put the stalk through it and put it on the bottom of the tank.

trondsbr

I feed mine phyto and Rod'sReef. I don't target feed, I just turn the return pump off and put the pumps in feed mode so they blow it around and usually the corals will catch it from the water column. I have had mine for 8 months. They way you mounted it sounds fine, mines encrusted the hole in the rock and attached very secure.

sasscuba

I feed mine phyto and Rod'sReef. I don't target feed, I just turn the return pump off and put the pumps in feed mode so they blow it around and usually the corals will catch it from the water column. I have had mine for 8 months. They way you mounted it sounds fine, mines encrusted the hole in the rock and attached very secure.

Is it normal for them to shed some skin in a new tank?

Stylaster

yes its normal for them to do that, they get rid of debris that way, make sure to provide good current to help blow it off