How do you clean starphire?

goboltz

Just out of curiosity, how do you starphire tank owners clean the glass?

Any input would be much appreciated.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14211822#post14211822 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Aurora D.
Even though I'm not a starphire owner, I assume you clean it just like regular glass.

WOW. such sarcasm in one of the answers. Yes it's glass...but not all glass is treated the same. Some glass needs to have special cleaners used on it, because of other treatments that the glass has. In particular, tinted windows. Certain "glass" cleaners will turn tinted glass purple. Now I realize this is because of the coating that is applied to the glass to tint it. BUT, I can also understand the validity of someone asking a specific question, worried about the possibility of screwing it up. No need to be rude in our answers.

What's with the all the bunched panties lately? I didn't read sarcasm in any of the above posts. It's funny how different people read a couple of words completely differently. I guess the first thing I would do is contact the manufacturer of the tank. But, that's just me.

I just use my good ol magfloat and razor blades for coraline. I have heard that being a low iron glass starphire can be "softer" and easier to scratch but honestly it has been as resiliant as regular glass for me. Oh and windex and 409 on the outside :-D

Back