How do you control your corals?

bradleym

Premium Member
I'm looking for something I can use in the tank, where you don't want to boil the whole rock, you just want to kill off an invasive growth. I've got GSP and yellow polyps getting out of control, and I can't scrape the rocks due to the shape.

I accidentally learned that Aiptasia-X does the trick on more than just aiptasia, so I was hoping maybe there was a cheaper option you all knew of. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

I use AIPTASIA-X every time I need to remove an unwanted coral off. I also use it to "draw a line" for any two agresive coral I don't want to expand beyond a point.

How have you guys been? Hopefully still partying! How's Vic?

I don't know the last time I threw a post up.

Gotta keep the account active every couple years...

Last edited:
Vic still lurks here, he's just a little short on saying something [emoji1787]

Been doing good myself I guess. And party as much as Rona let me lol

Nook I'm buying tickets on my home, you want some [emoji1787]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm gimpy but still having fun with salty boxes of water šŸ˜Ž

Man! I feel like I already won the lottery seeing all these familiar faces. Hi all! :wave:

Kalk paste

Whips always worked in the past.

Best bet is remove the rock. Yellow polyps can get out of control

Best bet is to never put yellow polyps in to begin with:fun4:

You guys aren't kidding about the yellow polyps - I have a bare bottom tank and they've covered a third of the glass! At least it'll be easy to scrape off there.

I would try the whip but I'm no Indiana Jones, so for now the kalk paste seems to be doing the trick. And as an added bonus I'm getting sucked into SPS again, so it'll help keep levels up.

Since I've got so many long-term reefers in here, any recommendations on acros, millis, etc. I should try out? My new setup has a lot of room over the rocks to fill with colored sticks, and I'll have all that free space on my rocks soon. :thumbsup:

I just got a couple of sps again [emoji2957], purple slimmer, and a couple encrusting monties myself. You know the easy stuff

Holy wow, had to post in here just because I recognize some of the names!!

How has everyone been!

I'm looking for something I can use in the tank, where you don't want to boil the whole rock, you just want to kill off an invasive growth. I've got GSP and yellow polyps getting out of control, and I can't scrape the rocks due to the shape.

I accidentally learned that Aiptasia-X does the trick on more than just aiptasia, so I was hoping maybe there was a cheaper option you all knew of. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

Start over.

I just seen Frank's F Aiptasia on BRS video.

Enough of me being all helpful. Time to derail something [emoji1787]

Back