how hard are green slimers to keep?

One of the easiest acros to keep IME. They grow fast and do well under T5 lighting. They do like a lot of flow though.

To me a very under rated coral just because it is so hearty and easy to keep and grow. Like a weed holds its color well.

Easy and hearty. Had to frag some tips and branches a few months ago due to a pretty bad ALK spike and it's looking even better now and growing back like a champ.

Isn't "Green Slimer" a term for many different acropora species, each of which is green and known to.... slime?

Agree with the above. Interestingly, I too had a problem with it when my Alk spiked. It started to die off and, after fragging it and dropping my alk below 12 (yeah, I know...), the piece I saved did fine. It seemed to be more sensitive to the spike in Alk than my other corals, though.

It could also be a coincidence, so take this with a grain of salt.

I got one a few weeks ago, I broke it in half on accident as soon as I got it home. I super glued it back together and it is already encrusting over the super glue and looking as 1-piece again.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13395214#post13395214 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Genetics
Isn't "Green Slimer" a term for many different acropora species, each of which is green and known to.... slime?

I thought it always referred to A. yongei.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13396515#post13396515 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Toddrtrex
I thought it always referred to A. yongei.

I just thought there were multiple types. I know A. yongei is a green slimer but a green slimer doesn't mean its a A. yongei.... anyways, they're all pretty easy to keep with the right params.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13396787#post13396787 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Genetics
I just thought there were multiple types. I know A. yongei is a green slimer but a green slimer doesn't mean its a A. yongei.... anyways, they're all pretty easy to keep with the right params.

I am not sure, and since I am awful with latin/scientific names, I usually don't pain attention. ;)

+5, easy, but make sure to blow off with hand first few hours....due to its name. They will be a sliming.

Grant

Back