How long can I leave just Live rock in my new tank

jeffreykell

I set up my 110 gal tank 3 weeks ago and would like to know how long before i have to add a clean up crew fish, coral. is there a time limt on this. also I am tring to grow Coraline algae so i am adding 2 part ESV 27 mil per day I hope this is correct

thanks

There really isn't a time frame for that. If there aren't any fish there to add nutrients, then there isn't anything for a clean up crew to clean up. I would add your cleanup crew as soon as your cycle is pretty much over to help with the diatom outbreak. As far as fish and coral go, add them slowly. Your biological filter is going to be new and will need time to adjust to the new inhabitants. Also, to me it sounds like you are adding too much of your supplement. If you want coraline, keep your Alk on the high side of things, and keep your calcium up. Then just wait and watch it grow. HTH

You can keep lr as long as your heart desires, no harm being done, as for the coraline algae, it just takes time. For me it took about 2-3mths, then it started taking off, i had a small bioload though, after 4-5mths, it started growing on teh glass, i never added any suppliments either, now its growing like hair algae.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9302084#post9302084 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by ReeferRyan
There really isn't a time frame for that. If there aren't any fish there to add nutrients, then there isn't anything for a clean up crew to clean up. I would add your cleanup crew as soon as your cycle is pretty much over to help with the diatom outbreak. As far as fish and coral go, add them slowly. Your biological filter is going to be new and will need time to adjust to the new inhabitants. Also, to me it sounds like you are adding too much of your supplement. If you want coraline, keep your Alk on the high side of things, and keep your calcium up. Then just wait and watch it grow. HTH

Thanks I am adding the min to keep Alk and calcium alk 3.5 and calcium 500 ph 8.3. I hope thats right. I think the coraline is starting to grow hopefully i can keep it going

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9302084#post9302084 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by ReeferRyan

Thanks I am adding the min to keep Alk and calcium alk 3.5 and calcium 500 ph 8.3. I hope thats right. I think the coraline is starting to grow hopefully i can keep it going

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9302115#post9302115 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by luke33
You can keep lr as long as your heart desires, no harm being done, as for the coraline algae, it just takes time. For me it took about 2-3mths, then it started taking off, i had a small bioload though, after 4-5mths, it started growing on teh glass, i never added any suppliments either, now its growing like hair algae.

So do you think I should stop adding the 2 part esv how did you keep your levels up if were not adding anything.

Back