how long for cal to drop?

S13<3

KeepItSuperSimple
I know this depends greatly on demands, but ON AVERAGE how long should i expect for my cal to drop from 560-580ppm to a more respectable 420ppm?
i switched my calcium chloride source(brightwell to mixing with brs stuff) and ive managed to get my calcium wayyyyyy high in just a week of what i thought was normal dosing(brightwell must be a real weak solution idk). my stonies are suffering :sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2: nothing too serious at this point, some bleaching and an undata that was healing lost a little tissue, fingers crossed but i think they'll bounce back in time. ive stopped dosing and am gonna test more often till i get it dialed again. :facepalm:

i figured that would be the answer lol. i guess more :beer: and patience patience patience. o yeah and lesson learned, been in this hobby for yrs and im still humbled by the simplest things :deadhorse1:

I recently had a mishap where my doser was running all day. Took about 4-5 days for it to come down to under 500. Not sure how high it ever got. It's back to normal now a couple weeks later. Turned my doser back on at the 1 week mark.

thanks for the replies, did a water change that same day and now 5 days later im down to 520ppm. went to do a water change today and tested the new water(reg IO@1.024 1/2) and its at 560ppm :mad2: so i went to the lfs and got some NSW cause i always tested NSW around 380-440ppm. get home and test the NSW water and guess what..... 560ppm :mad2::thumbdown:fun5::angryfire::headwalls: i repeated the test on all three and same results(using api test kit)
Is there anything i can do to lower my calcium faster? my sps are really starting to bleach out on me and im losing my mind

I would do a large water change using a low Ca salt (like instant ocean)....not much else you can do AFAIK

Back