How long has the latest Apex series been out? Any talk of a new version?

Status
Not open for further replies.

1SlickFish

Well, you know how companies "sometimes" like to change it up? I am just wondering (before I make that final pull of the handle) if they are talking about anything new I should hold off\out for? Any robust guts, face changes etc on the horizon?

They just rebranded about 6 months ago or so, they are all about being modular so I don't think you will see much of anything change with the base or head unit besides firmware updates.

I was just wondering if they were planning on stuffing in a new CPU or more memory or something like that?

Well, if they are changing up every 4 years, then I guess we have another 3 1/2 to go, lol?

Thanks for the link and post. Looks interesting, but, will I be able to reach my Apex without thier server if i was so inclined? Im gonna have to dig a little deeper for that answer :) .

Apex is giving an in depth presentation at Reef-A-Palooza to a limited group of users this coming weekend and giving an advanced look at their new auto feeding system due out soon. I'll try to find out if there are any major system overhauls in the works, but I don't believe that is the case.

Ive been curious about the same thing, the new OS may be a good time for a minor internal hardware upgrade.

Thanks for the link and post. Looks interesting, but, will I be able to reach my Apex without thier server if i was so inclined? Im gonna have to dig a little deeper for that answer :) .

Yes... they're saying that the new Fusion service (going through their servers) will be a firmware upgrade and that if you don't want it, your Apex will still work the way it does now and it won't be "in the cloud." Then again, you won't be able to take advantage of the advanced features they're planning. As with most stuff, will have to see how it all pans out.

Surprised you're interested in an Apex with how much hating you're throwing their way on their vendor forum here.

Well, I figured you didn't have the controller yet, as it appeared you were asking for info to help you decide on whether or not to buy one. I figured you were using the term "my" as in... if I were to buy an Apex it would be "my" Apex.

But now I see that you just started the thread as yet another avenue to bash Apex for doing something horribly wrong and really weren't looking for info. Grudge much?

I love my old Neptune III controller on my big reef and my new Apex Jr on my 30 ga cube! If you have had, used or tested Neptune equipment.........how can you possibly have a problem with the technology?

I can't imagine running my reef without it!

But now I see that you just started the thread as yet another avenue to bash Apex for doing something horribly wrong and really weren't looking for info. Grudge much?

I want to find out what they are incorporating so it can be done in the Reef Angel. Once I get some people to program and build control modules for the same things, then we as a people will have more choices.

I guess you don't believe in free commerce either?

Being part of a large community (not here) I have plenty of other (rightful) ways also to bash Apex which will be incorporated. I will do everything in my persuading powers to make sure everyone I meet takes another look at anything besides Apex, and I can be very convincing, trust me.

Really? You want to steal ideas from Apex for RA? And you, convincing? There are so many people who love their apex, I doubt you will do much convincing.

Hopefully this thread gets closed.

I want to find out what they are incorporating so it can be done in the Reef Angel. Once I get some people to program and build control modules for the same things, then we as a people will have more choices.

I guess you don't believe in free commerce either?

Being part of a large community (not here) I have plenty of other (rightful) ways also to bash Apex which will be incorporated. I will do everything in my persuading powers to make sure everyone I meet takes another look at anything besides Apex, and I can be very convincing, trust me.

And we have rules about harassing people/businesses. If you don't even own their product, that's exactly what we consider bashing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back