how long till i know if its alright?

goda

In Memoriam
ok i have a montipora.
how long would it be untill i know if my tank is good for it. (lighting wise) reason i ask is i had it a week and it still looks fine.
does it normaly take longer for it to start bleaching?
( 770 watts of light over a 130 gallon tank)

if all is good then i want to get this nice purple ... stony.. cant tell wether it is porities or some type of acro.. and then also this nice green 'fuzzy acro' at the lfs today when i go in ^^

so really what im asking is. do you think i gave this lil test sps enough time. or should i wait more to see if it goes down hill before i consider buying more sps

( i have some LPS and it is doing great. . . 3 types of euphilia 1 green open brain ( resting on bottom of tank) and 6 heads of trumpet coral.... my xenia keeps dieing tho so i think im giving up on that )

If you have enough lighting (what kind do you have?), your water params are all where they should be, and you have a lot of flow, you should be good to go!

its vho lighting ( gonna switch to t5 in a few months) water is almost perfect. CA is alil high at 620 ppm but other then that. fine
water flow is 1200 gph ( not much but every thing is moving and swaying so i think its perfect)

i guess ill buy one today. ( 70 bucks for these corals...)
what do you think would be an easier color to maintain the purple or the bright green ( like i really had to ask... purple of course)

If you are running VHO lights I would be very careful and place that coral as far to the top as possible. I am pretty sure that that is not enough light for SPS corals on a 135 gallon tank but I am no expert on SPS.

Keep the lights close to the water and the acro up VERY high. I have seen SPS kept under VHO, but it is on the very low end of the lighting scale as far as SPS. 1200 GPH is pretty low. To give you an idea, I have 2180 GPH on my 90 and that is on the low end. You should probably shoot for 30 to 40 times your tank volume in flow.

Your "test" monti is one of the lowest light demanding SPS. Acros generally need more intense light. There are some lower light acros, but i'm not sure what they are. You might want to ask that in the SPS forum before you spend 70$ on something labled "fuzzy" acropora (I would guess it would be an A. millipora)

yeah im not worried about the light.... esspecialy cause im getting t5's soon.
a watt is a watt. vho can do the same as a MH. iv seen it done and yeah.. no need to keep them right at the surface. i was more worried about the water quality then anything else

well i got the coral today. and the stupid aquaculturer put it on this big round base... i didnt knotice till i got home.. wth are they thinking ;... no one can use a frag when it is mounted an a huge disk.... anyways.. its in my tank... ill cut off the base tommorrow. and like i said.im changing the front 4 bulbs to T5 vho soon.

i need a par meter...

about how many days for this frag till i know if its gonna be alright?

and i think your right i looked at the skeliton and it looks like a milipora

Back