How long to wait before switching chemicals?

abid

Folks,

I have been using Brightwell Aquatics Phosphat-E Liquid Phosphate remover. It has kept my phosphates under .25 but I am facing high nitrates (10 ppm)

I have been thinking of switching to Red Sea NO3:pO4-x Nitrate and Phosphate Reducer. How long should I wait before its safe to use red sea chemical?

Thank you all

Neptune_Fan

i would use up all the rest of the Brightwells then do a nice sized water change then start on the new product.

Dr. Reef

Dr. Reef at ur service
RC Sponsor
a decent size water change and wait few days before switching products.

By the way welcome to RC.
[welcome]

Dr. Reef

Dr. Reef at ur service
RC Sponsor
What's causing the high phos/nitrates? I worry when my phosphates go above .10

i talked to OP on phone, he's new to hobby and bought an badly maintained reef setup and inherited all these parameter problems.
hes got a 72gal bow front with about 100lbs of live rock and 20gal sump with a mid class skimmer with mag 9 in return.

ryeguyy84

i talked to OP on phone, he's new to hobby and bought an badly maintained reef setup and inherited all these parameter problems.
hes got a 72gal bow front with about 100lbs of live rock and 20gal sump with a mid class skimmer with mag 9 in return.

Agreed very nice. I just didn't want to see him dumping chemicals in forever if there was an easy fix.

sammy77

Mikes always been of great help to me personally. If it wasn't for him and many others on here, I woulda stuck to goldfish...lol

abid

Thanks all for help. Mike promised to visit me whenever he is in Dallas....bring some corals man =D