How many of you use different pumps, siphon tubing, buckets, etc. for ur QT?

Reefahholic

Is this smart or am I just being over cautious of ICH or Marine Velvet?

You would think that water left in siphon tubing, water change pump, or 5/g bucket would or could potentially affect your DT if ur using that same equipment on both QT and DT.

I tend to use separate equipment for different tanks to avoid cross contamination as well as transfering copper from Q Tank to display or Frag tank.

This. I also segregate all equipment to only one of my tanks. The only exceptions are Tunze pumps after they are cleaned.

Thanks my friend!

BTW, I just read your ICH blog, which is why I was asking. Very good information indeed.

Just didn't want to cross-contaminate my DT with copper, ICH, or any other parasite.

If I had a QT it would have all its own equipment to ensure not cross contamination with the display tank. Thus it being a Qt tank.

What kind of water transfer pumps do you guys use to get the RO/DI water from brute to tank or to do water change without siphon hose.

Also, anybody have a favorite light for their system. I was going to go cheap since its just a hospital tank, but didn't really know what to buy.

Back