How Many Tangs in a 90 Gallon???

sra127

Attention Tang Police:
Please Dont Kill Me....

I dont know how many tangs i can have in my 90. i know many ppl say 1, others say 3. Whats the right answer. I now have a yellow, naso and powder blue in my tank. i have pair b&w clowns, 6-line wrasse, purple firefish and i dont know if my engineer goby is alive (havent seen him in 2 weeks). they seem to be a little territorial but overall getting along, maybe a stab or 2 between the pbt and the yellow, naso stays out of it all. skimmer is working well, quiet one 6000 and koralia 4 and 1 for flow. 8x65 pc's (4 10k 4 actnitic) and 2x39 t5's super actnitic and figi purple. 2 fans on canopy and 1 on sump. temp ranges from 79.5 to 82.5. 1.025 gravity 8.2 ph 0 on phosphate, nitrate, and nitrites. does all seem well or am i asking for trouble (i know the temp fluctuation)??
the true question, will i be able to keep these 3 for long term or am i going to have to move 1 in the future. hopefully in 2 years i go bigger, but if i dont will i be ok??? any input is greatful.....and i know this is going to stir debate on the tang situation....

tangpolice.jpg

tangpolice1.jpg

You're on their list now.

The naso is going to get too big and the powder blue is going to be close. The only tang I would keep in 90 gallons long term is a yellow.

U CAN KEEP THE KOLE TANG,TOMINI TANG CHEVRON TANG SMALL POWDER BROWN FOR NOW SMALL SORRY FOR THE CAPS

but am i ok leaving the 3 of them in their for now? like i said in a few years i'm planning on upgrading to a 180+

I would keep them till the fighting starts. Hopefully you will upgrade sooner than you think. Then you can sell me your used 90 gallon. :D

ps - do not under any circumstance post pix with the tangs visible or you will have to deal with the TANG POLICE:eek1:

The naso is going to get too big too quick, if he's not already too big... I love the way powder blue's look, but in my experience they have always just been prone to ich...

Yellow tang is good, depending on size... but I would definitely reconsider the naso in that size tank...

There's no limit as long as they're small, you've just got to be aware of their growth, possible/probable eventual size, and have to be planning on what to do with them when they are larger. My sailfin and O. Niger triggerfish WILL outgrow my 120, and I'm planning on having a 220 or larger in the next 2-3 years (I hope!) So I've been planning all along, otherwise I wouldn't have bought them.

Nothing in this hobby can/should be thought of in the short term, or you'll run into trouble.

just monitor and use judgement, they should be fine till they grow and how fast or how much is all an individual thing just monitor and be prepared to change occupants or residences when they do

How many tangs

How many tangs

In my 90 gallon FOLWER tank i got 3 tangs. Which they all get along great. Which first i got 2 clownfish then coral beauty dwarf angel and then a blue tang which all people know they tangs get ick easily which my tangs didn't once get the ick which my blue tang is 3 months old. Then i got heniochus butterfly then blackcap basslet then i got the kole tang which is the smallest tang and then Dory got freaked out but after 3 in a half weeks they were good so then i got 2 wrasses vroklics wrasse and cleaner wrasse the cleaner wrasse cleans tangs ick off it so i suggest getting the cleaner wrasse too. Then after my 2 wrasses i got the yellow tang which is semi aggressive only if you get him last and i got him last so then i got him and he was a very peaceful yellow tang and dory was freaked out but after 4 weeks she was ok. Now the tangs all hang out and I think you should get 3 tangs in 90 gallon for my choice Which my blue tang is 3 months old my kole tang is 2 months and my yellow tang is only 1 month and mine all get along so get the yellow tang last and make sure he is a nice one.

In my 90 gallon FOLWER tank i got 3 tangs. Which they all get along great. Which first i got 2 clownfish then coral beauty dwarf angel and then a blue tang which all people know they tangs get ick easily which my tangs didn't once get the ick which my blue tang is 3 months old. Then i got heniochus butterfly then blackcap basslet then i got the kole tang which is the smallest tang and then Dory got freaked out but after 3 in a half weeks they were good so then i got 2 wrasses vroklics wrasse and cleaner wrasse the cleaner wrasse cleans tangs ick off it so i suggest getting the cleaner wrasse too. Then after my 2 wrasses i got the yellow tang which is semi aggressive only if you get him last and i got him last so then i got him and he was a very peaceful yellow tang and dory was freaked out but after 4 weeks she was ok. Now the tangs all hang out and I think you should get 3 tangs in 90 gallon for my choice Which my blue tang is 3 months old my kole tang is 2 months and my yellow tang is only 1 month and mine all get along so get the yellow tang last and make sure he is a nice one.

You know this is from about 5 years ago right?

It can be hit or miss. Usually tangs of the same body shape will fight. I have many tangs of different shapes with no troubles. I had two sailfin tangs in a large tank for 5 years who were always together and no problem. Suddenly the smaller one started chasing the larger on until he finally jumped out of the tank.

I have a Blue Hippo and Naso in a 200g. They got so big is incredible. I'm already following the people on the forum up-grating for bigger tanks making sure the tank is getting mature enough to give them for adoption.

Back