how much is too much

dvlax40

In Memoriam
ok i have one fire fish, two peppermint shrimp, about 8 hermits and 11 snails. could i get a gobie, pistol shrimp and a clown fish? or is tht pushing it. its a 17 display, 27 totall

i would chose between the pistol/goby pair or the clownfish unless you have skimmer that can help out

i have a css 125 with gate valve mod, it works relly well, i was thinking of not doing the clown and getting an assor or wrasse

might be a little small for a wrasse, they really like to swim. An assessor might be a better choice.

i love assors but i want a fish that ill see more in the day time, i mean my fire fish comes out a lil and the goby will be in his den, i want a good small fish(that isnt red or orange) the will swimm in the middle water colum during the day that will get along with everyone(so no damsels!! haha ;) )

To be honest, you hardly have any fish. And as far as bio load, I normally as a rule of thumb don't count inverts as "fish" in terms of the load they would put on the biological filtration. I say this because they are scavengers. you don't normally feed them, they feed off the others in the tank and what they don't eat.

In your size tank I would try to stick to some of the smaller pygmy angels, or as other have suggested, wrasses, etc.

Back