How noisy is your Solana?

Vpham97

Premium Member
How noisy is your Solana? The skimmer is kind of loud and I can hear the water pump hum from the living room to the kitchen. I'm asking about Solana but I actually have the Cardiff version.

Maybe the pump hum b/c there are air inside? What should I replace the stock water pump with?

My skimmer in my Solana was noisy. Didnt have worry about though,it crapped out after 2 months. The water pump wasnt to bad though.:D

My skimmer was loud as well but it quieted down to a more manageable level when I put a silencer in the hose. My return pump is dead silent - I have heard of people using a maxijet 1200 for the return.

Cool, I'll look into building a silencer. Don't have those 35 mm film canister anymore though. I might call the manufacture and complain about the noise of the pump.

I have the Cardiff and have not had an issue with noise from the pumps on the skimmer or return.

From time to time, the MaxiJets I have hooked up to one of the reactors attached to the back will move around and then touch the side of the tank and then will be noisy. Drives me crazy and I will have to have to move them around to make it stop.

Back