How often do you feed your Kenya?

Doobze

Like the title says. Trying to get a good barometer on how often I should feed it, since I can't find much info on that subject. Also, I've been just dropping Rod's Food into my aquarium for my fish, zoas, and ricordea, will that feed the Kenya also?

nothing....i never fed it anything and the thing wouldn't stop budding and expanding. Mind you I feed cyclopeeze to the fish so it's possible stuff floated around but I never purposely bought food for a kenya tree...

save the money and spend it on more frags!

Just like Phil, I never directly fed my Kenya Tree Coral and the thing would not quit growing. In fact, I considered the thing a pest after awhile.

Haha, alright, so you think by feeding Rod's food to my fish every other day it should be alright?

What about lighting? I have mine sitting 2 ft below 150w 14k Phoenix MH's, but I've been finding conflicting info on what kind of lighting they like also.

I gotta say, this is one of the cooler ones that I've seen, it was pretty blue at the LFS, but under my actinics and MH's, it looks pretty bright, I can't wait for it to open up.

You should b more than fine with that lighting. Kenya Tree Corals tend to do well in a variety of lighting conditions.

I had mine grow all the way to the surface in my tank, it was a 40 gallon with 300W PC lights above it, did not seem to bother it at all.

you don't need to feed it a thing. Wont be long before the thing is dropping babies all over the tank!!!!

+1

I have various "coral foods" mixed into my DIY home brew of frozen fish food so I imagine it gets a treat indirectly whenever I feed the fishes.

yeah it can be a weed coral that grows rapid without feeding it or dosing anything. mine is always dropping babies that i immediatly take out and trade

I'll keep on top of it and prune it as necessary if it gets too large, but I really like it, mine's got great colors, I don't think I'll be considering it a "pest" really.

Back