How to Catch a Fish You Want OUT!!

romsoccer12

This capture method works wonders and i really think works for most fish except extremely passive fish. Put your normal feeding in a net and put the net behind a powerhead so all the food doesnt get blown away. If your fish dont take notice to it, put it in a spot with more flow so the food kind of leaks out. Do this every feeding and if you took the approach to let the food "leak out", slowly put it in less flow and watch your fish keep going after it more. Skip your normal feedings for a day and put the net in. I was shocked to see my blenny, clown, and chromis just Attack the net! If i wanted to catch them, it would be so easy. This also helps to rinse food if you keep them in a jug with water. If you need to catch a fish, try this and tell me how it goes. Hopefully youll have the same success I did.

my fish dart at the 1st sign of a net, i have an acrylic fish trap that i have used in the past but i guess if you do it long enuff they might get used to the net

I might have to try this I have a yellow tail damsel who is very passive with other fish but as soon as my hand goes in the tank he goes after me

img0013f.jpg

img0014aqc.jpg

Get a clear container (like a margarine or butter container but clear). Poke a hole on the end of the container and lid, and tie a tie rap on it. The lid should close and open from one side (imagine pacman opening and closing his mouth) then poke the center of the lid and insert and attach a long thin acylic stick. Put a raw shrimp attached to a live rock with a rubberband and put it in the container. Place the trap on the sand bed. Open the lid about an inch or two. Once a fish enters the container, close it quickly with the long stick.

I caught 5 domino damsels in 3 hours!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15481299#post15481299 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by JuliusJames
Get a clear container (like a margarine or butter container but clear). Poke a hole on the end of the container and lid, and tie a tie rap on it. The lid should close and open from one side (imagine pacman opening and closing his mouth) then poke the center of the lid and insert and attach a long thin acylic stick. Put a raw shrimp attached to a live rock with a rubberband and put it in the container. Place the trap on the sand bed. Open the lid about an inch or two. Once a fish enters the container, close it quickly with the long stick.

I caught 5 domino damsels in 3 hours!

Call up a few buddies, get a couple of six packs, and put in a time limit of 30 minutes, and you got yourselves a rollicking good time.

I use a very larger plastic guppy breeder the one do the babies swim out the bottom. There cheap and petco sells them next turn on side so the bottom grstign is on the side. Pick a top you knw either side and drill a hole or very carfully melt one. Now put one half of mag float in the and put lid on with rubber band use a long string and a tooth pick to thoth pick to hold the lid top open on the top side. Stick to side of tank and go fishing its fun and easy hell some times its less then 30 seconds before I cathch one. Let me know if you need pick.
Jason

The net trick works until you actually WANT to catch one of the fish! Then it will be the only one that doesn't go near it!

I think they have some sort of ESP.

Back