How to catch my Potter's Angel

Servillius

My potters is being harassed by my purple tang incessantly. My fiancee has a tank he could live in quite happily and I think it may be best to move him. Only problem.. how do I catch the little bastard? All advice is appreciated.

Try to catch him when the lights are first turned on. Fish need a couple of min to adjust to bright lights. A sure way to catch him is to drain the water in the tank and scoop him out. I have had to do this once and it didn't hurt anything else. You just need a large trash can to hold the water and a pretty fast pump.

The best way to catch any reef fish (within reason) is with a fish trap. You can make one yourself or in my case the LFS rents them for $10 a week. Once you get the fish comfortable eating in the tube, you drop the trap door.:rollface: I have used one 4-5 times & have been able to catch the fish within 3-4 days. Works great!!

I made a trap from an old water bottle to trap my flame angel.I cut the top off and inverted it in the bottle.You may need to make the hole a little bigger depending on how big your fish is.I put some food inside and waited.Took several hours and several other fish got caught first,but eventually the flame went in to eat and couldn't figure out how to get back out.Worked great and was virtually free.

Back