How to Flow?!

kernyboy

In Memoriam
So, I added an hang on fuge to my tank...sand got everywhere. It cleared up over night....now theres this "film" at the surface of the water. The hang on fuge has a skimmer...so i'm hoping this clears up. Any advice?

I used to have a biowheel HOB filter before i got my HOB Fuge. The biowheel use to provide top water flow. Now that thats gone...this film is on the surface. Not sure if its cus of the new sand i added to the Hang on Fuge..or just protein. Any ideas??

Currenly I'm using to Aquajet 600s for my flow. Cn you guys suggest a better "flow maker". I'm on a 30 gallon Nano. Thanks

do you mean there is film on top of the main tank or ref?.. if it's in main tank.. direct powerheads toward the surface or add powerheads. This will also allow the tank to breathe.

If you mean your refug.. i would replace the powerhead for the next size up. I know on mine. i changed my powerhead for flow..

what kind of powerheads do you you recommend? maybe i need more hardcore heads instead of these lame *** aquapond/jets

Back