How to get rid detritus in sump, but still have a lots of pods?

Regal

Hi, i have a problem with a detritus settling in my sump. I know that it can be siphon out of the tank when we do a water change, but i just wanna to simplify my job to as little as possible in siphoning the detritus. My tank is 600 lt reef tank, it is a LPS seting. This tank is 9 month old tank. In the main tank, i put 2 wave maker. 1 is tunze rated for 20.000 lt/h and the other is rated for 5000 lt/h, but since this is a LPS tank, i cant force it to much since the LPS in not very like the turbulence.
Here are a description of my sump :
It is a 2 section/room in my sump, first part is the room where it get the water from over flow, in this part there is a pump rated 6000 lt/h to feed the injector skimmer (rated for 1500lt capacity tank), output from the overflow are directed as near as possible to the suction of the pump. Second room is water from first room, there are return pump rated 4000 lt/h and chiller pump.
Problem is, eventhough the outlet of the overflow is directed as near as possible to suction of the pump, there are still plenty detritus that miss being suck by the pump, so it pass to the second room and settling in there. up until now, i vacuum manualy every month when i do a water change.
Question is :
I love the pods, because it feed my coral and my fish. But everytime i vacuum the detritus, i throw a LOTS of pods and mysid shrimp. how do i deal with this problem, i mean a win win solution, detritus missing but pods and mysid shrimp are still lots in the sump.

There are tips to put a small powerhead in the sump do blow the detritus, but if detritus missing, will it be reduce my pods population?

I already read a thread about detritus, but as far as i remember, none is answering my question abve. Thanks.

I use a wet/dry shop vac and vacuum the detritus out of my sump every few weeks. I just incorporate it in one of my water changes.

I added more detritus-eating red tip and blue tip hermits to manage it. In addition, every few weeks, I "agitate" the sump center chamber (macroalgae section) to get it back into the water column to be caught in one of the several filter socks in the sump system...

A favorite motto in the hobby: "Eat detritus and live" :p

LL

If i vacuum the detritus, didnt it also remove and kill lots of pods?
The second part is also act as a refugium, as there are macroalgae in this part.

Back