How to get rid of C. racemosa

Travis

10 and over club
I used to grow Caulerpa racemosa in my refugium until I caught it ALL going asexual. I immediately removed all of it. I have a lot of rubble in my refugium and have used it for mounting frags. I now have the racemosa growing in my display(rubble must have still had roots on it). Now I can't seem to get rid of it. I pull as much out as I can but it still comes off. I brush off the rocks and it returns. None of my fish(including purple tang) touch the stuff. I recently aqured a couple lettuce nudibranchs(heard they will eat it) and they don't touch it either.

So is there anything I can get that will eat this stuff up to the point where it won't come back? Or is there anything else I can do to get rid of it? Removing the rock is not an option because my tank is loaded with sps corals that have encrusted the rockwork together.

Travis

If your tank is large enough to kouse another free swimming large fish a Foxface will likely do the job for you.

I just kept pulling it in my 65g until it gave up. Its really not that bad to have, as long as you remember to pull it every month or so.

I really don't want to keep pulling it out unless I absolutely have to. I have heard that caulerpa can have quite a negative impact on sps corals and that is what my tank consists of. The caulerpa is actually growing in the braches of some of my colonies where I can't get it out.

Back