How to remove filter socks?

S13<3

KeepItSuperSimple
IDK if this is a dumb question, but if my drain is underwater(so it doenst make noise) how do i remove the sock without dipping it underwater potentially releasing stuff back into the tank? and i know its not the end of the world but i gotta be missing something here? right?! pulling the drain off at the union is kind of a PITA

When I ran socks, I had a coupling just a few inches above the sock. I then would insert the PCV into the coupling (unglued) so that it could be easily removed when it came time to remove the sock, without having to remove additional plumbing.

when i ran socks, i had a coupling just a few inches above the sock. I then would insert the pcv into the coupling (unglued) so that it could be easily removed when it came time to remove the sock, without having to remove additional plumbing.

+1

I just undo the union. I have just recently removed my filter sock all together as it is a nitrate trap.

I use a felt 7" sock and I just submerge it underwater and take it out. I never get spillage of material out as its all stuck to the inside of the sock. My pipe is about 2 inches underwater so it does not need to go too far under water.

Back