How would I transfer water to my sump ?


New member
When I bought my tank it wasn't drilled and it came with a HOB protein skimmer. I would like to include a sump so I can add a fuge and some media reactors. And it will also make the outer look of my tank better. What are other options of transfering water into the sump ? I have a Cannister filter left over. Maybe I could use it to take water into the sump.

Thanks !


Team RC
You can use a siphon overflow, but they are more accident prone than overflows.

You could most likely drill your current tank, if the glass is not tempered on the pane you are drilling.


Premium Member
Check out Glass It's a great site and they explain installation procedures and design details of their product.
Last edited:


Premium Member
LOL. I typed in "g l a s s h o l e s" and it thought I typed in the word you would have left of you took away the "gl" in that word. ROTFLMAO


Premium Member
Yeah, the same thing happened to me. You will note that I had to edit it and leave a space between glass and holes. What a riot!


On Yer left!
Premium Member
The OP has an up and running system. I doubt replacing the tank with a RR is an option, and drilling the tank is not likely either since that is easier to do to a tank that isn't set up yet.

I agree on the Lifereef. If you cant drill it, that is the best route to go.