howmany run only blue plus and aquablue T5s??

jennmac415

premium member "reefmama"
Premium Member
I am thinking of running only blue plus and aquablue T5 bulbs, just like Sunnys rimless tank... if you also run this combo please post pics of your tank... I am not happy with my current bulb combo and absolutely LOVE Sunny's colors but would like to see some other tanks also running only these bulbs...

thanks!

We run only AB+ and Blue+ at our shop over the frag tanks... Either in a 1:1 ratio or in the case of the TX5 3:2 AB to Blue+
It is a slightly blue look, not overwhelmingly blue but "crisp"

it is a great combo, i designed my lfs new coral section and he has 1 tank with t5s 1 with vhos and 2 with halides. he like the look of the aquablue + blueplus he ripped out the vhos and added that. it was 16 x 54 watts and only there was 1 6500k and 1 pure actinic bulb.

I run 2:1 AB:B+ and the color looks identical to the 14k Phoenix DE halide. I love the colors of the Phoenix, this t5 combo, and all my corals. Perfectly balanced color, not too blue, not too white, and no yellow or purple hue which I hate (I have tons of purple corals though).

Also, by swapping out the stock Current bulbs for these ATI bulbs, I increased the PAR of the fixture by 25%!

Sorry, finally got a pic. 4 Aquablue and 2 Blue Pluses, the tank has only been up for 2 months.
588-09.jpg

I use 4 Blue+ and 2 aquablues. Looks like 20k, not too blue but a very nice blue. the 4 blue plus' alone are waaaaay too blue, but the 2 aquablues balance it out. Also, a 50/50 of the two looks pretty similar too. It doesnt make a big difference par wise because both are pretty high.

Edit: heres a pic. the color is pretty accurate in this pic
IMG_1268.jpg

thanks radio... any pics of your tank? I am also thinking of using more blue plus that aquablue and I think most use them the other way around..

i updated it... sorry.
the pic might be slightly more blue than in reality, but its pretty darn close.

Good growth with an ATI sunpower.

Oh that is really pretty...I like it. I am thinking of moving bulbs around and running 4 blue plus, 2 aquablue and 1 fiji purple... I think that would be close to yours don't ya think? right now I have 4 blue plus 1 aquablue, 1 super actinic and 1 fiji... so not much different, but I tend to think the super actinic is useless...so would rather add another aquablue, do you think that combo would look good?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15484735#post15484735 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by slider162
I started out that way. I had to throw a KZ Fiji Purple in there for some Red.

That's what I'm doing as well. I love the look.

I don't have a pic right now, I'll try to get one later.

Back