Hydor Koralia 2 vs Tunze Nano

PH

PH

Go with the tunze for sure. I tried two of the koralia 2 and they move no water. I now have two tunze 6025 in my 24g AP and its perfect.

I have never used the Tunze Nano, but saying the Koralia #2 moves no water is just silly... I just added a Koralia to my AP24 and it moves tons of water I am actually thinking about ditching my other MJ900 and grabbing another #2 for the other side of my tank. The only upside to the Tunze is I believe its a bit smaller than the Koralia.

Here is a picture of my surface after adding the Koralia and this is NOT when my hydor FLO is hitting the surface.
surfacerr6.jpg

Koralia do move water, no doubt, but Tunze are better.

However, Koralia are a nice option if you don't want to spend the $.

Just put a single 2 in my 25, lots of flow. May add another later. But at the moment dont see a reason.

the size is the only thing better in the tunze...its overpriced and isnt worth it when you can get a koralia with the same flow for half the price. i tried the tunze out and like the koralia 10x better, more widespread flow...people think since its more expensive it must be better quality...not true in this case...koralia all the way...youll get used to the size and wont even notice it after a while

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10469807#post10469807 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Bigbyrd
the size is the only thing better in the tunze...its overpriced and isnt worth it when you can get a koralia with the same flow for half the price. i tried the tunze out and like the koralia 10x better, more widespread flow...people think since its more expensive it must be better quality...not true in this case...koralia all the way...youll get used to the size and wont even notice it after a while

You tried the tunze and liked the koralia better? Hm.

So what did you do with the tunze then? I'm in Chicago too - I'll buy it from you or trade my koralia + $ for it.

tunze is long gone...but why do you say the tunze is better? better flow? just cuz its smaller? more expensive?

seriously asking...not bein a jag, im curious cuz a lot of people like the koralias better and dont see the need in spending the extra cash for the tunze

no problems with my magnet clips, they work great.
the shock thing was fixed as they recalled all model 2's and 3's.
Koralias use less wattage...

Tunze flow pattern is exceptional compared to the Koralias. It's not always about power or strength - you can place the tunze farily close to your sps without blowing the tissue off - not so with the koralia. In regards to wattage, they're roughly the same. When you're talking on the level of a 1w or .5w difference, it's moot.

Don't get me wrong - the Koralia is a nice cheap version that does a great job for what it is - but that's just it - it's a cheaper knock off of tunze. The price point of hydor is very attractive, which would obviously make it very popular. But hydor products (in general) are not even close to the same build quality or have better flow engineering as the Tunze.

Side by side - the tunze flow is better than the koralia - hands down. The tunze is a better built product.

Many reefkeepers in Russia have problems with Nanostream pumps! Nanostream is much worst than old models (6060, 6100 etc).

iv used many tunze pumps/wavebox you name it on my bigger tanks but when i tried nano in my 24 nano-cube it was to much flow no matter wre i placed it so i returned it to the lfs but dont knock tunzes thay are top quality gear, which Koralia right flow for my tank full of soft corals thanks

I say, if you want the most bang for your bucks, go with a Koralia. If you want to have the best quality, size and performance, go with a Tunze.

They are both great water movers. It just depends how you want to apply it.

Back