Hydra 26hd tank mount option

Mr.Mulley54

I have been trying to find a tank mount option for a while now and finally figured something out and is way cheaper then the option AI gives you for the hydra. All you do is buy the AI prime tank mount, take the top rail remove hardware at the end flip it upside down and use some washers. Get a 10-32 1 1/4 long machine screw and bolt it down . $35 and looks like factory. Hope this helps anyone look for an option like that.

Ya thanks , the pics are of when it was just installed/dry fitted you could say. The wires are now completely hidden plus white zip ties are now black ones so everything blends in. I'll post pics when everything is complete.

I love it so far, very easy to setup and control right from my phone. Really nice color LEDs . I just got um and it and it's a new tank so don't have any corals yet but so far I'm very happy

I used a kessil gooseneck, but of course the hydra 26 is too heavy for it so I have a cable to anchor it.

20160731_095747.jpg

I put a loop in the cable so the light can't lift out of the neck.
20160731_095643.jpg

The anchor.
20160731_095659.jpg

Looks good ! I still can't believe they don't have a tank mount for the hydra. Almost didn't buy it because of it. But I guess a little creativity in this hobby is a must!

Here's what I did with my hydra 52hd..
7062d48c3935455175876c31b593c69f.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

well done! I like that a lot. I was gonna do something similar , I saw a thread with a guy who used a tv wall mount and bout one to try out but my tank is too wide and too far from the wall the light wouldn't sit where I wanted it to. Yours is very clean what did you end up using for materials.

well done! I like that a lot. I was gonna do something similar , I saw a thread with a guy who used a tv wall mount and bout one to try out but my tank is too wide and too far from the wall the light wouldn't sit where I wanted it to. Yours is very clean what did you end up using for materials.
I welded 1" square tubing..

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

How much does the 26HD weigh? Anybody tried using the Aquaticlife Halo mount? I've got a halo, the mount is quite sturdy, comes in 18" or 24" versions, adjustable height, and allows you to hide the cables inside the tube. Under $60 on Amazon.

top_light.jpg

I was going to use this when I had the Hydra in the running for my next aquarium. I wanted to mount mine lengthwise.

http://www.6061.com/hydra-26-mount-hydra-52-mount.htm

They are very nice looking mounts and I was looking into them as well but my problem was the tank was already setup and only 4 in away from the wall before I had my hydras so there wasn't anyway to install them. So a tank mount was my only real option and they don't offer one for the hydras. Because I didn't want to hang or use classic rail system wich is to bulky looking and a pain. So I figured this out and I think they look pretty good. I'm happy with them.

Back