Hydra issue with white LEDs

evsalty

hmmmmmm
The white LEDs on my original version AI Hydra (pre 52) are not coming on. All other colors are working. The light still goes thru it's normal lighting cycle. The whites do not even come on when I go into the individual light settings.

Has anyone had this issue before? Or have any things I should try to help pin point the issue?

Wow, funny I just read this. I ran into this SAME problem last night; I am setting up a move from an old tank to a new and laid out my 8 Hydra 52's... one of them had very dim white lights on 2 of the pucks, I took it apart and swapped pucks around and the same two areas had no lights...then they eventually went out.

I ordered a new system board from AI for $100, it's going to be here on 3/25 so i'll let you know if it fixes them. Everything I read points to the system board being bad...

Not sure if you took them apart yet but it's very basic and simple.

Wow, funny I just read this. I ran into this SAME problem last night; I am setting up a move from an old tank to a new and laid out my 8 Hydra 52's... one of them had very dim white lights on 2 of the pucks, I took it apart and swapped pucks around and the same two areas had no lights...then they eventually went out.

I ordered a new system board from AI for $100, it's going to be here on 3/25 so i'll let you know if it fixes them. Everything I read points to the system board being bad...

Not sure if you took them apart yet but it's very basic and simple.

Thank you for the info.

No I haven't taken it apart yet. I am, however, thinking the board as well. After all it is both of the pucks that have the white channel on them so it should be something common to that channel as a whole.

I am debating though if I should just pony up for the 52 upgrade for it.

Thank you for the info.

No I haven't taken it apart yet. I am, however, thinking the board as well. After all it is both of the pucks that have the white channel on them so it should be something common to that channel as a whole.

I am debating though if I should just pony up for the 52 upgrade for it.

A quick update, I replaced the motherboard today and everything worked like a champ. I do love how simple the design is on these things! I have no doubt i'll be able to repair individual components on them in the future.

Sorry to bring this thread back. I purchased 3 Hydra 52 and a director used a week ago. I am not setting them up. Last night one unit the whites were not working on.

Now today I decide to hang another next the one on my 93. Both units were working. I hang them and now only half of one unit has the whites working.

Over night I had lost all the whites on all units but 1/2. What could have happened? Only one unit was even running.

I think this is a common problem with hydras. I used to work in a lfs and i think three times we had people bring back their brand new hydras because the whites would not come on.

Back