I am an USHIO bulb believer...

camarojweed

So at MACNA I picked up 2 new USHIO bulbs and I am blown away by them...I had always used Coralvue and was very hesitant to shift and try something new becasue the Coralvues were working nice and had used them for about the last 7-8 years...

I listened to Sanjay talk at MACNA and he had stated that he used the same ballast I have and had shown great results with the ICECAP 400W electronic ballast and the USHIO 12k bulb...so I took the plunge and I have not been dissappointed, my coral growth and color has been awesome...and the bulbs have only been on the tank for about 2 months and I noticed a difference after a week!

The only sad part is I will not get to watch the stuff grow out for a year to see the real effect of the new bulbs as I am going to be tearing down the tank in the next month or two for an impending move this summer...

Anyone else like these bulbs? I am sad i did not take the leap sooner...

Jason

Thats awesome to hear, what are you running for a tank/light set-up? However, lets see some pictures, and get some frag prices!

(P.S. sorry your breaking down the tank...thats always frustrating)

Tank is a 260 Gallon SPS Reef, Lights are (2) 400W Icecaps Ballasts with Ushio 12K Bulbs in Luminarc Reflectors...Moon lights are supplied by (2) 48 LED strips @460nm.

No Frags or Colonies yet...I will try to get some pictures up...

Jason

So at MACNA I picked up 2 new USHIO bulbs and I am blown away by them...I had always used Coralvue and was very hesitant to shift and try something new becasue the Coralvues were working nice and had used them for about the last 7-8 years...

I listened to Sanjay talk at MACNA and he had stated that he used the same ballast I have and had shown great results with the ICECAP 400W electronic ballast and the USHIO 12k bulb...so I took the plunge and I have not been dissappointed, my coral growth and color has been awesome...and the bulbs have only been on the tank for about 2 months and I noticed a difference after a week!

The only sad part is I will not get to watch the stuff grow out for a year to see the real effect of the new bulbs as I am going to be tearing down the tank in the next month or two for an impending move this summer...

Anyone else like these bulbs? I am sad i did not take the leap sooner...

Jason
Jason sorry to here your moving unless it is close by where are you moving to

I have a 14k 400w Ushio over my frag tank and LOVE the color. Thinking about replacing my DT with a ushio. It's HQI though so I'm not sure if it will be the same color but I think I will try it when it's getting close to time to replace it. Just not sure if I will go with 14k or 12k over my DT. The 14k is just the right amount of white and blue light for my liking in my frag tank.

I checked a vendor and they only list a 14k? Is there a 12 and a 14k? I had heard the 12's are yellow?

I'd like to try something other than the reeflux 12k's I'm running, so let me know!

When you are ready to frag, give me a shout!

New orders? Shipping out to a new port?

I used the 14k ushio 150 watt bulbs and they were really yellow, but I hear rave reviews of the 400 watt version.

I am up for orders and there is nothing in CT....should know something in the next week or two...not sure how much I am going to sell but all the livestock will go and the tanks for sure...

I am up for orders and there is nothing in CT....should know something in the next week or two...not sure how much I am going to sell but all the livestock will go and the tanks for sure...

...dang...well, keep us posted, good luck, and thank you (in advanced).

Good Luck on your Orders.......Dont forget I get to buy "our frag" when everything gets broken down

Brian

Equipment will go up for sale after new year...CTniners I have someone poss taking the tank aready but if it falls through I will PM you...livestock will go first, most likely the Sunday after new year...will post more details once I know where I am moving to

Back