i assume this is a pretty good ro/di unit?

james3370

Premium Member
bought one of the Water General RD-102 in the for sale forum. its a 6-stage unit & the website says it has rejection/removal rate of 99-100%

i haven't hooked it up yet & i'm not sure of my TDS yet, but i bought a dual-inline TDS meter for it on ebay......soon as it comes, i'm gonna hook everything up. i plan to hook it up to my cold water adapter for my washing machine.

* just wondering what kind of ratio of good:bad water i might expect w/ this???

* where should i run the "bad" water output??? to the washer drain or is the "bad" water still good to drink??

Last edited:
Not the best. I would replace all the filters when the time comes and use a filmtec 75gpd membrane. One thing i dont like is the canisters are not see through i like to be able to see my filters and how they look

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14159075#post14159075 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by kdblove_99
Not the best. I would replace all the filters when the time comes and use a filmtec 75gpd membrane. One thing i dont like is the canisters are not see through i like to be able to see my filters and how they look

yeah, mine the canisters are actually see-thru. gave $80 for it shipped, so i don't think i did too bad. all the filters & di resin look to have more than 1/2 their life left, so hopefully my water till be low in TDS so i can get 6 months or so outta them before replacing them.

got a new build hopefully a few weeks away from getting wet, so i was pressed to get something & was on a limited budget LOL

what about the "bad" water?? is it still drinkable or should i just route that line to the washer drain??

Back