I cut my hand with a bacteria

WaterMelon

Hi, i was putting bacteria in my aquarium, brand BioDigest, saved in glass and N, well i cut my finger with it, what is going to happend to me now?.
Apreciate all help, please dont joke.

xtrstangx

Premium Member
Did you wash your hand with antibacterial soap and warm water?

If not, that would probably be a good idea.

Hydrogen peroxide wouldn't be a bad idea if you had some.

WaterMelon

I tink it contains:
- Nitrosomonas europea
- Nitrobacter winogradskyi
- Paracocus desnitrificans
- Pseudomonas stuzerii
I tink.

WaterMelon

This was an hour ago peroxide still working?, Danfish i dont know, but im seriusly tinking to leave this hobby or buy a special reef suit!, Oh my god, should i drink coffe?, hot, warm, cold?, 2 teaspoons?

WaterMelon

Thanks reefshadow, you always got my post, ;), well thanks to all thanks xtrstangx, Ereefic and Danfish, hope dont got more damaged!, i will take more care.

maroun.c

Well at least you won't have to worry about amonia and nitrites anymore.
Seriously just put some Hydrogen peroxide on the cut and repeat that few times. Also wash it with plenty of water.

Ereefic

In Memoriam
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7551491#post7551491 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by maroun.c
Well at least you won't have to worry about amonia and nitrites anymore.
Seriously just put some Hydrogen peroxide on the cut and repeat that few times. Also wash it with plenty of water.

Yes, but don't use tank water. :lol:

SERVO

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7549845#post7549845 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by WaterMelon
I tink it contains:
- Nitrosomonas europea
- Nitrobacter winogradskyi
- Paracocus desnitrificans
- Pseudomonas stuzerii
I tink.

The above bacterial species are not pathogenic. I would worry more about your own skin flora before any of the above bugs. They need a special environment to proliferate and your skin likely will not provide that. I agree with the H202, that should take care of things. If you have any problems with swelling seek medical care for the right antibiotic treatment.

Amphiprion

Premium Member
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7551772#post7551772 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by SERVO
The above bacterial species are not pathogenic. I would worry more about your own skin flora before any of the above bugs. They need a special environment to proliferate and your skin likely will not provide that. I agree with the H202, that should take care of things. If you have any problems with swelling seek medical care for the right antibiotic treatment.

I agree. You have far more to worry about from species like Staphylococcus aureus.

maroun.c

Yes, but don't use tank water.

Now that's really mean

Amphiprion I'm sure mentioning staph. inf would achieve the target of depriving the poor man from sleeping tonight.

Servo sorry for hte question but what exactly is a Physiatrist?