I declare War apon thee manjo anem....

Dude, very cool but be super careful with that. Really don't mean to be preachy but the thought of blinding your fish or a person is a scary one. That is effectively shining a device capable of serious retinal damage into a highly reflective environment, and while no mW is listed higher output are capable of eyesight damage just by viewing the end point.

Either way, good luck and be safe.

it is verry understood, all precautions are being used. technology is really coming along. not killing zoas near such pests,priceless
the cheap camera didnt have a shield but im workin on gettin a more direct looking pic. in that slide it looks chaotic,however i thought it looked cool.lol

What mW is the laser you are running? I've seen the 1800mW's and they just obliterate what they touch, curious if the 1400's have the same deathstar effect.

Isn't the crackling sound gratifying? I'm using a 1.2 mW laser with a waterproof host and I love cooking stuff in my tank!

What mW is the laser you are running? I've seen the 1800mW's and they just obliterate what they touch, curious if the 1400's have the same deathstar effect.

That is a 445nm multi mode blue laser. It was metered @ 1.559w the day I dropped it off. It is powered by two 18350 non protected 1200 mah batteries. Chris got more than a preaching about eye and general laser safety.

I use a pinpoint medical squirt. The pinoint squirt is so thin it sticks right in their mouth with calcium and then it is "goodnite irene" lol

does that effect acrylic at all , we are talking like a laser pointer right? will it kill unwanted zoas or trimming zoas so they dont spread?

does that effect acrylic at all , we are talking like a laser pointer right? will it kill unwanted zoas or trimming zoas so they dont spread?

good question for icey, however it will kill anything i would think. it is truly bad ***.

That is a 445nm multi mode blue laser. It was metered @ 1.559w the day I dropped it off. It is powered by two 18350 non protected 1200 mah batteries. Chris got more than a preaching about eye and general laser safety.

thanks for chiming in, bc i dont know the specs, but i know it works well:)

It is putting out ~1550 mW as is however there is a lens upgrade that would increase the power aprox 30% bumping it up into the 1800mw range.
I originally started looking into them to remove and "trim back" zoas, paly's and mushrooms. I belive at that wavelength the beam would pass through acrylic without any adsorption into it. Def something to look into
Also wondering if it will affect acrylic. Anyone know? Also, I want one. :thumbsup:
Hit me up

This is jus bad@ss... Makes me wish I had pests so I could nuke them too!! Lol... As morbid as it may sound, I gotta see one of these things smoke something for myself... I bet it's awesome ;)

Back