I don't understand trades only

:lol: Mark, your too much... Speaking of, been a while since we traded ;) how are the frags? I actually lost that colony of that mille(luckily I had a frag of it in my nano), how did it color up for you?

Time to trade again, how is your tank?

tank is good right now :) all my millies are super bright, i am always open for trading... but my tank is getting super full

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14135863#post14135863 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Todd March
those of us with newer tank and no frags yet, have MUCH lighter wallets...

I always thought that if I treated people right when things were going good, meaning give away and trade as much as I could things would come back to me when I was in need. For many years I gave away a hec of lot more frags then I got back up until 2004.

So far I feel its paid off very well....thanks guys..

If people would drop their prices on things, I think you would see more people willing to sell.

Perfect example
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/s...hreadid=1545683
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/s...hreadid=1545049

OK, I need the cliff notes version. Are these perfect examples of expensive or cheap frags?

I'm serious. I slept on it, logged back in this morning, looked again and still don't know.

Dang it. I knew I should have charged more

Yes, but now I owe you!

Golfish-You have always been most generous over the years and I'm glad to hear what goes around comes around:)!

Joyce

Last edited:
It could be that people who only want to trade are trying to preserve more rare corals. If someone has propogated a more rare coral that they are willing to trade for an equally rare coral the likelihood that each of those people will have the know-how to let the other's coral thrive is higher. There might be an assumption that people who don't have a more "prized" coral to trade will be more likely to kill it. The 'ol buy-and-die. By only trading one might think they were reducing the risk that the coral they propogated will get killed. I would be bummed out if there was a nice frag that i grew out for a month which was killed shortly after trade.

That is why I always thought that people didn't want to sell. Who knows.

I would love to do trade over buying nicer rare corals but i just don't have the nicer rare corals at this point and the only equivelent i got is money but if they don't wana sell them only trade i can't get them so it kinda sucks for me. Then when i can buy them it takes forever to grow it out so i can frag it for trade something else :(

A few have made the point that they don't feel right charging a lot for corals.

However, if they consider the fact that those of us that want those corals will now have to purchase at full price from an online vendor, pay $40 for overnight shipping and then if they die in transit, the corals are usually replaced but we have to pay another $40 for shipping, they might consider the fact that some of us would rather pay a bit more to pick them up in person.

Anyway, not a big deal. There are lots of great reefers that are willing to sell and I just wanted everyone else's take on it because I really didn't get it.

Hi Mark,

PM sent.

Thanks to everyone that has emailed me with offers for corals. It looks like I'll be able to pick up a few more nice ones at cfm.

Joyce

Make sure you bring lots of $$$ for CFM. My prices just doubled :lol: And they are tripled for Mark since he left so early.

Hey Kenny-Ya I probably buried myself now with this thread:)!!!

Thanks again for the frags, especially the free one!!!!!!!!!!!!

It funny, there are those that won't take any amount of money for their frags and others that give beautiful frags away. Hopefully, good karma will follow all the good guys.

See ya!
Joyce

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14140313#post14140313 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by pookstreet
LOL..........the price on free stuff doubled also :rollface:

Kenny. I'll buy free stuff prices frags from you. what you got ?
:D

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14139767#post14139767 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Macimage
A few have made the point that they don't feel right charging a lot for corals.

However, if they consider the fact that those of us that want those corals will now have to purchase at full price from an online vendor, pay $40 for overnight shipping and then if they die in transit, the corals are usually replaced but we have to pay another $40 for shipping, they might consider the fact that some of us would rather pay a bit more to pick them up in person.

Anyway, not a big deal. There are lots of great reefers that are willing to sell and I just wanted everyone else's take on it because I really didn't get it.

I totally agree! I hope I was clear, I would much rather trade because of that reason, however I would never NOT sell to someone who did not have anything to trade and make them buy from an online source... So I am totally on your side, I think it is silly to REFUSE to sell to somebody...

I do however refuse to sell anything without throwing in atleast one freebie ;)

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14135665#post14135665 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Macimage
It seems a simple matter to sell your frags for say $100 and then buy what you want.

I'm not exactly starting out, I just don't see the point of refusing to sell to someone that will pay a good a price for something they want.

You just made my point, as I paid a lot more for some unnamed pink polyps from someone else on Saturday and I am totally happy with them.

Joyce

I would NEVER sell a frag of ANYTHING for $100 and for people who do should be ashamed of themselves. I would never feel right ripping someone off by selling my pink polyp cap or blue zoas frags for $100.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14137331#post14137331 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Macimage
OK, I need the cliff notes version. Are these perfect examples of expensive or cheap frags?

I'm serious. I slept on it, logged back in this morning, looked again and still don't know.

These were just showing the prices these people were charging for those frags. The seasons greetings is going for $50. I traded Richard a pink polyp cap frag for a frag of that (or very similar). If I sold the frag I could never purchase that coral unless they dropped the price to $10 and I don't believe Richard was selling frags for $10.

Back