I got an odd ?

Ronny#66

My tank doing fairly well overlooking algie here and there amonia 0.25 at times . Had arm in tank moving a clam after I had my arm out for a few minutes it smells like fishy salt water harbor not rotton but like the harbor. Tank doesn't smell room it's in either . Just my arm and I smell this every time I put my arm in it. Good or bad? Ya I know the threads on bad for the arm . Spent my life in some of the worst liquids in the world including radioactive water. I'm still alive cancer free as of 9:38 pm today. LOL

Ronny

Glad you're still with us!:D I get some of that smell, too, with good water perameters - I get it most from the sump, I guess 'cause it's in a confined area in the stand. I would assume the smell comes from decomposing organics - pretty hard to avoid in our systems altogether. the little ammonia spikes might be related to it. Bottom line, I'd say if your animals are doing well don't worry about it. If it starts to curl your nose hairs you might have something to look into.

by the way, appreciate your "thin skin" post awhile back. Gets to me at times as well, when I get taken the wrong way and lectured about my "attitude" or being a teacher. this is a great forum. Sk8tr had a good thread today about good forum manners.

regards,
-rw

Ronny do you run carbon? I've always run it 24/7, but I have noticed when it is not changed and gets a little old, I get some smell from the tank.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14173726#post14173726 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Juruense
Hey you speled algae wrong!

Seriously though my arm always smells the same way...

Oh the irony of pointing out someone's spelling mistake while having a spelling mistake yourself. :lol:

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14174305#post14174305 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Ritten
Ronny do you run carbon? I've always run it 24/7, but I have noticed when it is not changed and gets a little old, I get some smell from the tank.

Sure it is from the tank?? ;)

Ronny, I notice that once in a while on my arm. And to be honest, I have never given it a second thought.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14174443#post14174443 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Toddrtrex
Sure it is from the tank?? ;)

? What does that mean Todd? I was trying to help.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14174415#post14174415 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Toddrtrex
Oh the irony of pointing out someone's spelling mistake while having a spelling mistake yourself. :lol:
It was intentional, see Ronnies other thread form tonight...

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14174428#post14174428 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Ronny#66
Ya I run a Rena-cal filstar canister .
How recently have you changed your carbon? It might be time for a change. Although I agree with the guys above... Saltwater from the tank isn't the most pleasant smell.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14174751#post14174751 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Ritten
? What does that mean Todd? I was trying to help.
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14174791#post14174791 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Juruense
It was intentional, see Ronnies other thread form tonight...
It's all in good fun guys.

Happy Reefing :)

Re: I got an odd ?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14173687#post14173687 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Ronny#66
Just my arm and I smell this every time... Good or bad?

Stop smelling your arm. :p
Seriously, how long have you been at this? ;)

Spent my life in some of the worst liquids in the world including radioactive water.[/B]

Ahh... it all makes sense now. :)

Hey Ronny, have you considered formatting your keyboard to the kewl-d00d character set? Th3n n() p33ps ße h@te'n µ. ;)

Sorry to hijack but I stole some sand and critters out of a friends tank the other day and a few hours later, noticed how bad my arm smelled. I kept saying to the Mrs, "God my arm stinks" off and on for a few more hours. She finnaly looks at me and says, "Why don't you wash your arm?"

I had no comeback for that

Re: Re: I got an odd ?

Re: Re: I got an odd ?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14176005#post14176005 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Whys
Hey Ronny, have you considered formatting your keyboard to the kewl-d00d character set? Th3n n() p33ps ße h@te'n µ. ;)
¡ǝɯosǝʍɐ s,ʇɐɥʇ

Back