I had a terrible experience with the Canadian Tunze distributor, and I'll never suppo

Fishdisease

Last winter I purchased a Tunze 3155 ATO for my 180 gallon tank and it worked perfectly, until the pump failed this past Christmas. Knowing that Tunze as a company is typically great I contacted the US office, as they directed me to the Canadian distributor to get a replacement pump. Today, after 2 months of lack of communication, being blamed for the delays, being belittled as a customer and receiving nothing except terrible and unprofessional customer service from the person in charge of Tunze in Canada, I rage quit and will no longer be supporting the company. While I do not expect my experience to influence your decisions, I hope it does so they understand that even single customers can make a difference.

- December 26th 2018 - I reached out via the contact form as directed by my LHBS
- January 14th I was able to get in touch with the Canadian distributor and we agreed they would ship a replacement direct to me. I asked to purchase a second pump and was told that I'd receive a paypal invoice for the cost.
- January 15th I provided my paypal address
- January 18th I was asked for me shipping address.
- February 7th I asked where we were on this and was told that the item had shipped when I paid. When I explained I hadn't received the invoice I was asked for my paypal address once again.
- February 8th I contacted Roger at Tunze USA to poke Xenia Inc for me.
- February 11th I was told the invoice was sent to the wrong email address, it was resent, and I paid
- February 11th The pump was shipped
- February 22nd I asked for the tracking

The following is the non-redacted email conversation that followed. While I may have over-reacted in my first response, the follow up responses from the Tunze rep were berating, unprofessional and frankly immature. For those of you who don't know, the 80/20 rule of business is that 80% of your business comes from 20% of your clients so you can ignore the other 80% and still be ok. This is what incites me the most and what you should be most concerned about, that he admits that he, and by extension Tunze, do not care at all about individual customers and only care about big accounts.

Edit: If you are wondering about my business, it doesn't exist at my house anymore because I've expanded to 2 retail locations in 2 provinces. It outgrew that address long ago.

Attachments

• XeniaInc.jpg
    XeniaInc.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 2
Wow! Really hope you forwarded directly to Tunze international. Guy needs to be fired. If he owns the business Tunze needs to terminate his account and revoke their authorization to distribute. His childish freakout will cost Tunze a lot more than 1 pump.

I wonder if he's heard of the 10 to 1 rule: it costs 10 times as much to attract a new customer as it does to keep one.

Your story will affect my shopping decisions. Anyone else?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Or the 20:1 rule - customers tell 20 of their friends about a bad experience, but only 1 of their friends about a good experience. So p**ng someone off is 20x worse than making someone happy (not that you shouldn't try to make your customers happy!).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It’s enough for me to stay away. I’m starting a build and you all know how expensive that is. I can’t afford to have a bad experience with a manufacturer that backs their product like this

It's enough for me to stay away. I'm starting a build and you all know how expensive that is. I can't afford to have a bad experience with a manufacturer that backs their product like this

You will get excellent support from Tunze USA without exception, no matter how small a customer you are. Not sure what's up with Tunze Canada, but I'd bet that something will be done about it by Tunze GMbH rather quickly....

Very one sided post with no chance for the Tunze rep to respond, and it appears to be a business to business issue rather than a retail issue. Not sure I agree with the level of indignation expressed especially in light of the fact that you used the product for a year.

Back