I have a tank for free; anyone interested?

Hattie B

Hi all,

I have a tank that could use a new home if anyone is interested.

Its ~135 or 145g, glass, NOT RR, not drilled. I used it as a FOWLER for a number of years. Maybe make someone a nice frag tank or sump?

I can't quite remember the dimensions, but I believe its the ~72x18x24.

It's in good shape; no scratches, no leaks esc. I was going to set it up as a turtle tank so its been throughly cleaned and has had fresh water in it for about a year.

I do have a stand, however its not that great; I took the doors off to put new hardware on them then never put the doors back on and didn't realy take care of it.

sorry, I have no pics as I am moving and already packed my camera.

I live near Half Moon Bay. :rollface:

LOL, I've finally made a move out of Quality and now in Change Control and Validation.

If you have time we could have lunch and talk reef. We have a coule of BAR memebers here too that can go lunch with us. I usually have lunch with them once in a while to talk reef.

CharlesV-

That sounds like my first big tank I had! (135g btw) same thing glass, not drilled nothing, went from 10g to 135g with one search on craigslist...

Although as tempting as it'd be ... I think I'd be murdered in my sleep if I got another tank, regardless if I'm just going to use it for a sump or whatever :D

650-IS350-Sure, that sounds good. I only know of 1 other person that has a reef up where I work and I work with some fish here, you should see the racks its awesome.

sfsuphysics-you know you want it. ;) I have a few nanos, ok 7 with 5 set up and 2 cycling. I can't decide which is worse, 1 larger that can house a lot of items or smaller ones that are easy to set up and have more of (but not necessarily less expensive)..

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14161441#post14161441 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by sfsuphysics
That sounds like my first big tank I had! (135g btw) same thing glass, not drilled nothing, went from 10g to 135g with one search on craigslist...

Although as tempting as it'd be ... I think I'd be murdered in my sleep if I got another tank, regardless if I'm just going to use it for a sump or whatever :D

i would be murdered too, im at my largest size. women have soo many ways of controlling us....tsk tsk

while my lady was out of town, i got a slamming deal on a used 180 gal tank from a buddy of mine, i set it up as a FW tank for fun, lets just say i slept on the couch for a week. LESSON LEARNED!

Thanks again here's pics after I unloaded it friday night...
STH70029.jpg

then heres how it looks now after i set it up for cichlids on saturday
STH70037.jpg

Wow, looks great.

You and your girlfriend were not kidding about how handy you are; the stand looks great.

I like the 'cat fish'

best of luck with it; post more pics as time goes on.

Back