i just bought a mated pair of 4 stripe damsels and i have a few questions!

fishkid6692

ok i bought a mated pair of 4 stripe damsels and i was wondering if i could keep anything with them. they spawned regularly at the store so i know they will be territorial. they are in a 20g. can i keep any other fish or eels with them without any risk? thanks!

hmm... probably not... but it is possible. I would try a fish with them and if it is getting beaten up too bady (which is likly) move them to your other tank.
I've never seen mated damsels though... interesting...

right now there pretty shy because there getting used to a new tank but i figure if i add something now it might work. what fish should i try? i was thinking about trying a dwarf lion or some sort of puffer.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12264344#post12264344 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by fishkid6692
right now there pretty shy because there getting used to a new tank but i figure if i add something now it might work. what fish should i try? i was thinking about trying a dwarf lion or some sort of puffer.

in a 20? i'd think only smaller fish. lions are messy, puffers would be too big no?

I had 2 in my 72 I had to get rid of them because they were very agressive to any new fish I added they would rip them apart. They would even attack my hand whe I did anything in the tank. I was told bu my lfs that they would be ok , I know differently now, some people will say anything to make a sale. Good luck.

it was only 30 for the pair. they had them at greenwich aquaria. and i was going to get a small puffer. right now there in with a banded shark pup. i know it's a really small tank for the shark but it will be going to a 1000g shark tank in about a month. they don't bother him. what do you guys think about a small snowflake eel?

the problem with a snowflake is they grow pretty darn fast. With that tank size, jsut about all "Aggressive" fish are goign to get too large. If you were to go with a puffer, a valentini puffer would be your best bet, but they would eventually get too big too.

yeah i made a cave for them and they live together! it's really hard to get pics because they are so nervous atm. when i walk by the tank they dart into there cave. i added a small gold striped maroon clown so well see how it goes! can anyone tell me about raising and breeding 4 stripe damsels?

Back