I need a new return pump what do you use?

i have a reeflo dart on my 120g. the only thing choking it down is the return lines them selves. and it is super quiet.

You are correct is valved down about 20%. It splits to 2 1 inch returnes to the tank and runs a UV and reactor. They can be Valved down on the output which draws less power. Reflow is a good company to deal with for custome service also.

I have the reeflow dart...kind of nosiy to me although its in the living room...i have some foam under the pump and im thinking of trying some foam under my sump.
BTW, sump is in the basement...

I have been thinking of running 2 smaller submersibles, or one larger one. The pump Sam had mentioned looks very interesting and only drawing 40 watts there should not be much heat transfer either. I had to throttle the dart way back as my overflows couldn't even come close to keeping up with it and it was older, so maybe that was why it was noisy. After what happened with my last external pump I think I will stick with submersibles for a while.

I just installed a dart gold on my 220. It is very quite. I was skeptical that it was going to be to much pump because the 1720gph external that I was using was maxing out my two overflows. After a trip to faois and discussing my setup. I returned home to implement what i had learned. I installed two 1.5" dursos in each overflow attached to the 3/4 and 1" bulkheads the to a 2" drian line from each side to the sump. The result was the dart running unrestricted and the water level actually even lower than before. The pump creates a huge amount of flow thru the four 3/4 locklines. Great pump from my experience.

Back