I need live rock.

Mr James

Premium Member
And I live in northern Minnesota. Any suggestions for a good place for live rock?? I may be willing to travel, but after gas and all, it may be cheaper to buy it online. What do you think??

I'd buy online, standard price up north seems to be between $8 and $14 which at that price you could get awesome rock online.

I've never purchased live rock on line, usually get it from a local tank tear down or something. But since there aren't any local tanks, there's nothing to tear down. I'll probably buy on line.

Was kind of hoping someone downin the cities was selling some live rock off so I could make the journey down there.

by GoingPostal
Did you check the twin cities forum also?

Constantly. Was on CMAS all day (don't tell the boss). Found some liverock for sale and PM'd the guy. I even have a coworker heading down there tonight and willing to pick it up on his way back.

Have had good luck with Live Aquaria rock and the price is very good delivered. Have had issues with hitchhiker corals (green star polyps, mushrooms and aptasia) on used tear down rock to be used in SPS setups.

Jim

I have had excellent success with fish/corals from them. But I wonder about their liverock and where it comes from. But I will look into it.

Back